"85% of illnesses are not optimally treated with drugs or surgery." --C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D

PCC Natural Foods Newsletter: "Nutrition outperforms drug treatments for both prevention and treatment of chronic disease."

"The idea that you create your own reality is sweeping through the minds of millions."

--Spiritual Growth by Sanaya Roman

Monday, January 25, 2010

100% Raw for 2 months!

I woke up today, feeling kind of groggy, and thought, "I can't wait till I do my next raw food experiment and have that amazing, energized feeling again, it will feel so good." And I have had this thought every single day for at least a month. I figured I'd start in a week or two, after having received another new raw book in the mail that I ordered. But today, the absurdity of looking forward to starting this eating plan when I can start it any minute I want finally hit me. So...nothing to look forward to--it's here!

The book I ordered is The Sunfood Diet Success System by David Wolfe, and it is fantastic. Everything you need to know is finally in one book. The other books I've read still left me with a lot of unanswered questions, mostly about the science/nutrition aspects. This guy has degrees in mechanical and environmental engineering, law, and a master's in nutrition. Both his parents are doctors. So he doesn't do anything that doesn't hold up scientifically, and he explains every detail to you in this book....at last. I am so totally fired up.

Welcome back: mental clarity, physical energy, total calmness, no food cravings, no under-eye circles, reduced weight, and 7 hours or less of sleep a night.

I am going to focus more this time on meditation and Pranic Healing and what changes happen on this food because it's common knowledge that the lighter the body is, the more energy it can hold. This will make you more sensitive and more powerful as a healer. I am really excited to see what happens with meditation experiences as well.

I did one month of 100% raw last June and loved it but caved into social pressure in the end. I have never been able to sleep under 9 hours for some strange reason, and I enjoyed 6.5-7 hour nights and woke up feeling like a million bucks. It is a huge time-saver, as you can imagine. The most amazing thing besides that was the total calmness I experienced. I have read many times that bad food makes you mentally negative, impatient, and generally miserable, but I didn't really believe it. I always thought, "I'm in control of my emotions, and if I'm negative, that's my fault for not being in control of my own mind." That may be true to some extent, but if you want to stop trying to be calm and peaceful and have it just come upon you effortlessly, eat only raw vegan food. Even when my husband did something "irritating," it didn't even irritate me, I literally didn't care and just felt love and happiness toward him. Some of the things that happen to you when you eat this way sound literally impossible. But if you don't believe me, try it yourself! The above book is the best one I've read (out of 4). It's the best place to start, I recommend it to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Does red wine fit into a raw food diet?! I love this blog! (Love, Elizabeth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I have researched a lot and not gotten a straight answer. It seems some wine is pasteurized and some is not. Organic wine is supposedly less likely to be pasteurized. Short answer: We can still go out for drinks!! :)

    ReplyDelete