"85% of illnesses are not optimally treated with drugs or surgery." --C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D

PCC Natural Foods Newsletter: "Nutrition outperforms drug treatments for both prevention and treatment of chronic disease."

"The idea that you create your own reality is sweeping through the minds of millions."

--Spiritual Growth by Sanaya Roman

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nobody's Perfect



Today's raw dessert: a banana smothered in raw chocolate sauce, peanut butter, and a little berry smoothie...SOooo good

I had too much to drink last night.

I know--horrible! After making the biggest commitment to my health possible, I not only indulged but over-indulged. It amounted to 3 glasses of sangria and then one glass of wine we split which doesn't sound like that much, but my tolerance is pretty low these days. Which I am proud of, by the way!

As I wrote to Elizabeth who made a comment asking whether wine was pasteurized, it's uncertain. I cannot find that information anywhere on the internet--just a lot of speculation. I am guessing some is pasteurized and some isn't, but it's not something written on any label. I have read in one of my raw food books that organic wine is not pasteurized, and in another raw food book, there are recipes containing wine plus a delicious-looking recipe for sangria. A lot of raw foodies don't drink alcohol which makes the most sense to me, but I am not ready to cut that out 100% yet.

My goal was to occasionally indulge in only one glass per "occasion." And to have as few of these occasions as possible. Right now, though, I feel like swearing off the stuff for the whole 2-month period.... but I really don't want to make promises I can't keep. For now, I'll leave that one open.

Burdened with guilt as I am, and keeping in mind one other significant food slip-up two days ago, I am starting the two months over. The whole point of this way of eating is to FEEL GOOD!!! I should be feeling amazing by now and woke up feeling so far from that, it was ridiculous.

Taaaaaake 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment