"85% of illnesses are not optimally treated with drugs or surgery." --C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D

PCC Natural Foods Newsletter: "Nutrition outperforms drug treatments for both prevention and treatment of chronic disease."

"The idea that you create your own reality is sweeping through the minds of millions."

--Spiritual Growth by Sanaya Roman

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Raw Thai Soup

I made this recipe night before last and loved it. I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. I got it from the book Fresh by Sergei and Valya Boutenko.

Blend together:

2 cucumbers, peeled
2 cups water
1/2 cup walnuts (I grind these in my magic bullet first)
1/4 c. Nama Shoyu
1/2 fresh spicy pepper
1 teaspoon salt (I would actually put less in next time)
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup chopped ginger
1/4 cup lemon juice (could do with less of this too)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric

Chop up and mix in at the end:

1 cucumber, peeled (a little too much for me)
1/2 cup dried mushrooms (I will do fresh next time...too chewy)
1 bunch cilantro (a little too much for me)

It's so quick and easy to make, and no exotic ingredients, which I appreciate. I love making raw soups. They are always quick and easy and taste great. It's very hard to screw them up. I just got a new book I ordered from amazon called Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe. He's apparently the stud of the raw food world, and I haven't read anything by him yet so I'm excited. There's supposed to be Kirlian photography pics showing the energy field of a food before and after it's cooked--cooking disrupts the energy field.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment